Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas time!!! yay!

So this week we had a Christmas conference and President and Sister Porter let us watch meet the mormons!! which was so awesome! Sister Chavez hasnt seen a movie in over 10 months so I was pretty excited for her... :) it was a really good day! Christmas season in the mission field is so awesome. Its weird cause you dont have the normal christmas music and hallmark movies and all that stuff that usually makes christmas feel like christmas but out here we really get to reflect Christs birth. And how AMAZING that is. And how Christmas is about family and spending time with loved ones and service! a whole bunch of service. 
There are so many families here that dont have any money. no money at all for their kids for christmas. But immediately they would say, "Christmas is about our savior and our family." How that line touches my heart EVERY TIME I hear it now. It is so important to reflect on Christs birth and life. And how important the people we love are. I love Christmas!! ho ho ho. 

also I learned that in 1 Nephi 13 it talks about Christopher Columbus and the Revolutionary war... PRETTY COOL. 

Yesterday It was a hard day for me and I was praying and praying for something to make it easier or just a sign or just SOMETHING to make me feel better. We were walking around a trailer park and there was a lady that was in our records from like 2008 so we decided to go see her. And she let us in and told us that she KNEW we were sent to her house for a reason and since the other sisters came by she never felt a connection or trusted and of the other missionaries, but she trusted us and she wants to change and she knows that in her heart she is a mormon. I love her so much already and I felt just a glimpse of the love Heavenly father has for all of us. He loves us so much and knows us by name. I love this gospel! 

Merry Christmas to you all!! I love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment